Tuesday, July 31, 2007

People who motivate me: Mike LItman

I fell down a rabbithole one day, no doubt looking for material for facilitating a group at work, and discovered a man whose philosophy has already begun to change my life: Mike Litman.

I don't know quite what else to say about him. His core philosophy seems to be this:

Don't get it perfect, just get it going.


Which isn't too far from my own:

Anything worth doing is worth doing badly.


Though I think he's got a better positive spin in his than I do.

His website includes MP3s of discussions with successful entrepreneurs -- definitely worth popping them into iTunes for motivation. In Anthony Robbins-speak, I have a very positive neuroassociation now with just the sound of Mike's voice, and listening without even paying attention to one of his 15-minute phonecall audios is enough to energize me for the rest of the day. Sometimes, I make a conscious effort to talk to myself in his voice as a pick-me-up.

No comments: